How to Register your User Portal account
If you need help with your user portal account, we’re here to help. We’ve included the most common questions our customers have when setting up their account. But if you need more help, don’t hesitate to contact us.
What information do I need to create an account?
To register your online account you will need:
- Account number (found in the welcome email/letter)
- Email address used during enrollment
- Billing address zip code
How do I create my customer account for the first time?
If you are having trouble setting up your account, please follow the instructions below for help on how to register your new account online.
- Navigate to the customer portal
- Click on “Register Now”
- Enter your account number (this can be found under the ‘Your Account Details’ section of your welcome email)
- Enter email address and Zip code (Note: The email address must match the one used when enrolling for service and the Zip code should be the one on your billing address)
- Create a login ID, password and security question
Registration Form required fields
- Account number (this can be found under the ‘Your Account Details’ section of your welcome email)
- The email address must match the one used when enrolling for service
- The zip code should be the one on your billing address
- You will need to create a login ID / username
- The password requirements are:
- 8 – 12 characters
- Contains 3 out 4 character types
- Lowercase letters
- Uppercase letters
- Set up a secret question and answer
What if I forgot my account password? How do I reset my account password?
Navigate to the ‘I forgot my password’ section page and enter account number, and email address. Then you need to confirm you are not a robot and click on ‘Rest My Password’.
You will receive an email with a temporary password and be able to reset your password. If you are still unable to access your account, please contact our support team for assistance.
How can I verify my account?
When you create your online account for the first time, you will be prompted to choose a security question and provide an answer. This security question will be used to verify your identity in case you forget your password or need to access your account from a new device. It is important to remember your security question and answer or keep it recorded somewhere safe. If you still can’t verify your account, you can contact the customer support team for further assistance.
How do I update my account information?
When your online customer account has been set up, you can go under ‘Account Information’
You can ‘Edit’ your contact information, login and password, payment information and the preferred bill delivery method. If you are still having issues updating these details, contact our support team.
Billing & Payment Issues
How can I view my bill?
Customers can view their bills online by logging into their account on the BKV Energy customer portal. You will be able to receive your bill using your preferred bill delivery method which can be via email and/or physical mailing to your billing address.
What payment options are available with BKV Energy?
We only accept VISA, Mastercard, ACH, Discover and AMEX for online payment. Customers also have the option to mail checks to our finance department. The correct address to send in your check for your bill payment is:
P.O. Box 660842
Dallas, TX 75266-0842
After I confirmed I have the correct payment method I am still having issues, what can I do?
Please check your payment information and ensure it is up to date. If you continue to have payment issues, please contact our support team for assistance.
How can I set up automatic payments?
To set up automatic payments for your BKV Energy account, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to your online customer account on the BKV Energy customer portal.
- Navigate to the “Account Information” section and click on ‘Edit’
- Navigate to the “Payment Information” section and click on ‘Add New’
- Click on “Card” type you want to pay with otherwise click on the eCheck option
- Fill in your payment billing information, and card details and click on ‘Finish’
- Once you have completed these steps, your payments will be automatically deducted from your chosen payment method on the designated date. If you have any issues setting up AutoPay or need further assistance, you can contact the BKV Energy support team for help!
What should I do if I can’t pay my bill on time?
If you are unable to pay your bill on time, it’s important to contact the support team of BKV Energy as soon as possible to discuss payment plan options that can help you pay your bill. Ignoring the issue may result in late fees or service disconnection. BKV Energy values our customers and is committed to finding a solution that works for both parties.